Iglu Students Sydney and Brisbane
Keeping fit this winter
I am sure you have all heard the expression ‘Healthy body, healthy mind’ right?
Well, whilst getting outdoors and exercising is easy to do in the summer months with so many awesome beaches and walking paths to choose from in Sydney, the biting cold of the winter air makes the thought of leaving the warmth of your room to do exercise just seem far too difficult!
But, staying fit in the winter is important too, and to help you out we have put together a list of Sydney’s best heated pools – so what are you waiting for?
- North Sydney Olympic Pool @ Milsons Point Set beneath part of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, this is the most sensational place to swim in the wintertime. Full-time students pay just $5.70 per visit or can buy a membership that includes use of the gym, spa and sauna. Visit the website.
- Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre @ Pyrmont When this $40 million sail-like, sparkling white complex opened in 2008, it was hailed the Opera House of swimming pools. For students a single visit is $4.90 or you can become a member for access to everything the centre has to offer, including learn-to-swim classes, aerobics and gym. Visit the website.
- Victoria Park Pool @ Camperdown If you’re dreaming of a summers day this winter, visit this pool at noon on a sunny day (which Sydney does provide in winter). Whether doing laps or tanning on the golf course-like grass surrounding the pool, it’s a bargain at $3.40 for students. Visit the website.
- Cook + Phillip Park Aquatic and Fitness Centre @ CBD When the rain’s pelting down, check out this subterranean masterpiece. There’s an Olympic-size pool, basketball court, heated indoor hydrotherapy pool and wave pool. Students pay $4.90 for a single visit, or $74.20 for a 20-visit multi-pass. Visit the website.
- The Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Swim Centre @ Manly Also great on sunny winter days, this beachside complex sports a 50-metre pool, 25-metre pool and handball court. Students pay $4. Scuba, water polo, and aqua-aerobics are available, too. Visit the website.
- Annette Kellerman Aquatic Centre @ Marrickville Named after the first woman to swim the English Channel, this centre re-opened after a lengthy refurbishment in 2010. Now with a wellness centre and gymnasium, it’s good value for students at $4.60 for a casual visit. Visit the website.
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre @ Sydney Olympic Park With five spas, a sauna and steam room, water slides, spray jets, squirting volcanoes the oversized 10-lane Olympic-size pool that hosted the main swimming events during the Sydney 2000 Olympics - it’s well worth the half-hour train trip from Central. One-on-one swimming classes are $43.50 per person, and a casual visit is $6.00 pool entry. Visit the website.
Image: Courtesy of NSW Tourism
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- featuredsyd (1)
- giving back (2)
- off-campus student accommodation (22)
- student accommodation (22)
- student accommodation brisbane (17)
- student accommodation chatswood (9)
- student accommodation melbourne (1)
- student accommodation sydney (13)
- study in australia (16)
- study in brisbane (16)
- study in melbourne (1)
- study in sydney (11)