Iglu Students Sydney and Brisbane
Hey Buddy is a student bridge program we have been running at Iglu Kelvin Grove in Brisbane over the past six weeks to create meaningful connections between students both international and domestic.
The program aims to help international students settle into a new culture and feel welcome and help create an international network for participants. In this program, we pair and match an international Buddy (Buddy In-Need) with a localised Buddy (Buddy In-Deed) and have a series of objectives over an 8-week program.
The program is voluntary for both buddies and provides a safe and comfortable pathway where a Buddy In-Need can ask questions about university life, Brisbane, Australia, traveling or finding a part-time job. On the journey, the key to unlocking the meaning of some Australia’s slang may be revealed. Most importantly, it’s a great way to become Mates!!
Stay tuned over the coming weeks to learn about each buddy’s unforgettable journey and great benefits of the program.
Buddy In-Deed benefits
- Build your global network
- Improve your cross-cultural communication skills
- Play a role in making international students welcome
- Earn a certificate of participation for your CV and LinkedIn profile
- Volunteer/ internship opportunities at NGOs
Buddy In-Need benefits
- Easy way to make friends
- Help you to adopt into a new culture and link with local community
- Answer all your questions
- Become familiar with the public transport system
- Chance to become 2018 Brisbane International Ambassador representing your home country
By Caty Li
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.