Lifestyle and location
That’s what we are all about at Iglu Student Accommodation.
Purpose built for students, Iglu offers the supportive benefits of student accommodation in Sydney and Brisbane along with the flexibility of an off-campus lifestyle.
This is combined with fresh, fully-furnished living spaces, fabulous communal areas, a safe and secure environment and a jam-packed events programme.
Like a social household? Choose a share apartment, with your own secure bedroom and private or shared bathroom. Prefer your own space? A studio or one bedroom apartment with a private bathroom is the perfect option.
When you live at Iglu, you don't just get an apartment, you get loads of cool extras. Take a look at our awesome facilities and you will see that we have thought of everything.
At Iglu, we are all about location. That’s why all Iglu properties are within easy reach of major universities and colleges, public transport, shopping, eating, fitness and entertainment facilities.
We currently have two unbeatable locations for student accommodation in Sydney – Iglu Central and Iglu Chatswood – and two great options for student accommodation in Brisbane – Iglu Brisbane City and Iglu Kelvin Grove.
Have a look around, you will see that it's pretty cool to live at Iglu.
At Iglu we consider the safety and security of all students living with us to be the highest priority.
Our teams are trained in emergency and evacuation management, Senior First Aid and Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S). They also undertake Iglu specific training to ensure a prompt and organised response to any situation.
All of our student accommodation properties in Sydney and Brisbane have:
- CCTV cameras installed throughout the building common areas, entry points and hallways, which operate 24 hours a day.
- All buildings and apartments operate on an electronic swipe card system. Access to your bedrooms is by either swipe card or a lockable door. Either way, it designed to ensure you feel safe and secure.
There is an Iglu team member onsite and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide students living with us support and assistance at any time.
We offer the simplicity of one weekly rental fee, with lots of extras included, to make budgeting a breeze.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- All utilities (gas, water, electricity)
- 15GB of internet data (upgrades available - view all options)
- 24 hour access to onsite support
- Apartment televisions*
- Air conditioning and heating (in winter)^
- Use of all common areas and facilities
You can view our current rental fees for our student accommodation in:
* Not included at Iglu Kelvin Grove | ^ Iglu Kelvin Grove has ceiling fans and balconies
Students helping students. 24 x 7, there is always someone here for you.
Resident Assistants (RAs) are students who live onsite, employed by Iglu to offer after hours support, run activities and help create a great atmosphere.
This is one of the unique advantages of living in student accommodation. The RAs are always available for Iglu residents to talk to about personal issues or any daily stresses. They are trained in a number of areas including senior first aid and emergency management.
In addition, they work with the Iglu team to organise a jam-packed programme of events and activities for students that aim to bring residents together, increase cultural awareness, encourage learning and teach new skills – all in a fun and supportive environment. These events include:
- Academic (e.g. spelling bees, CV writing skills)
- Cultural (e.g. city tours, international food nights)
- Social (e.g. movie nights, BBQs)
- Wellbeing (Pilates, boxercise, R U OK days)
You can check out a full sample of the cool events and activities here.
Here at Iglu, we're all about choice.
That's why we offer two simple ways for you to secure a place at one of our cool student accommodations properties in Sydney or Brisbane.
So have a look around the site to learn more about what it's like to live at Iglu and choose where you want to live and what type of room is right for you.
Once you've done that...
If you’re still not sure...
Why not send us your details and we will be in touch to see how we can help you finalise your plans.
If you're ready to book online…
Simply select your room and lease duration, click Book Now, tell us about yourself and pay one week's rent to secure your room. This will be treated as your first rent payment once your booking is confirmed and you move in.
You can view our full online booking process here.
It's really easy.
So check out our rooms and secure your place today.
- I am student of Sydney Uni. I really enjoy my time at Iglu Chatswood.
The room is well-designed and fully-equipped. Iglu holds all kinds of activities every week. I could meet people from different countries and make friends with them.
Iglu Chatswood is a nice place for students.
Wanlu, Sydney University
- As an international student in a new city, choosing to live in Iglu was the best decision. The accommodation as a whole is a great place for students, and there is no place better to live in than Chatswood – it's so convenient! Having the accommodation right next to the train station helps heaps too!
- I chose to live in Iglu for many reasons. First was the location it's like 2 minutes walking to the station, and approximately 10 minutes to my college. As a student that was what I am looking for! A convenient place with friendly people and a great location.
Rashed, SIBT College
- The reason why I love to live in Iglu Chatswood is I love Chatswood.
First, Iglu is located in Chatswood and near the train station. From Iglu to train station I just need 3 minutes, it is very convenient and I do not have to get up so early.
Besides, there are many different kinds of shops, restaurants and big shopping centres in Chatswood so I do not have to walk so far to buy things.
Furthermore, the environment of the rooms is really good. There is a long desk in the room, which is really good for study. And I can have my own bathroom and a comfortable bed.
Then, the staff here are very friendly and nice. If I have any questions, they will try their best to help me.
Kuan, William Blue